“You will be enriched in every way for your great generosity…” (2 Cor. 9:11). St. Paul provides words of encouragement for the faithful believers and followers of Jesus Christ in Corinth to continue giving generously to the needs of the people and the church. “For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own free will…” (1 Cor. 8:3) Giving is an essential part the Christian life and one that helps us to love sacrificially. Jesus encourages us to not store up treasures on earth, but states, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” (Matt. 6:21) It is a call to be generous, to give a portion of our blessings back to God motivated by grace and gratitude.
Why is it important to give?
+ To thank God for blessing us
+ It increases our faith and trust in God
+ To support the ministries and needs of the parish
+ To help us love sacrificially
- Through Outright Gifts of cash or appreciated property.
- Through Bequests in your Will or Trust of a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or of the remainder after all your other bequests are satisfied.
- Through Beneficiary Designation in your life insurance, annuity or retirement accounts.
- Through an Income Annuity you can provide yourself with lifetime income while leaving the remainder upon your death.
- Through Split-Interest Trusts you can accomplish your advanced estate and tax planning goals while leaving a legacy at St. Jerome Catholic Church. When designating St. Jerome Catholic Church, please use our official title and address as it appears below:
300 Warner Street
Walbridge, OH 43465
May God bless you abundantly for your generosity and sacrificial gifts!